27 August 2013

It's time.


It's time to get fit.  I think ever since I graduated high school I've been saying it's time to get fit.  Time to get back in shape.  In high school I always played a sport, soccer or tennis.  After my sophomore year I gave up on soccer and played tennis year round.  Fast forward to college where I didn't have an organized sports commitment...and my weight has been up and down.  I'll workout for a little while and then fall off the bandwagon.  My biggest problem is that once I'm off, it never seems like it's the "right time" get get back on! "I'll start on Monday..." "My diet begins tomorrow..." "Well my breakfast was already unhealthy so today's still a cheat day..." Sound familiar?  The biggest problem now?  I gained 40 lbs with B-Man.  And while I could use the excuse of "I just had a baby" for a few months...it's now been just about 9 months...and I haven't lost any weight.  In fact, if anything, I've probably gained more.  So today is the day.  I'm going to hop on the scale, see my weight, get my BMI and check my blood pressure.  I'm expecting everything but my blood pressure to be gross.  I'm going to run...and I'm going to be winded and disgusted at how long it takes me to run a mile.  BUT I need to start working out.  It's going to be a lifestyle change. Not a diet. Not an exercise kick.  I want to look and feel good again.  Because I don't right now.  I'm hoping that writing this down encourages me to workout more.  I have a tendency to get into a funk.  To stop working out because it doesn't fit my schedule.  What is more important in life than working out and keeping yourself healthy?  If there's anything to spend time on shouldn't it be that?  I want to be around for a long time.  B-Man was crawling all over the bed this weekend and I was lying there with him when I realized I had NO energy; I wanted to nap more than he did.  And I KNOW that I always feel better when I workout.  I'm more positive, more pleasant to be around and feel better in general.  It's a no brainer right?

It's not going to be easy, it will take time and I will get there. 


Now let's not be crazy here...I want to be skinny.  What girl doesn't?! But being healthier and having confidence is much sexier than just being skinny.

So what's my ultimate goal?  I'm going to run until I don't jiggle anymore.  Then I'm going to run some more. And so I'm off.  I've scheduled time on my calendar every day this week for a workout and I'm ready to go.  My first weigh-in (I can't believe I'm putting this on here...but hopefully it will even more motivation) is 163.  I've got 25 pounds that I'd like to lose before B-Man turns one.  Three months and counting...

No comments: