27 August 2013

Happy Birthday, Nagy

Now I know I'm writing a post that will likely never be seen by the one person I would love to see it.  You see, today is my Nagymama's birthday.  And she's 79. She is one of the sweetest and most amazing people I've ever met.  I wish I had my old photos from when I was growing up right now because I have so many of them.  She used to live in a giant old house and I have so many fond memories running around there when I was a little girl.  Anytime I would run into one of her huge pieces of furniture and stub my toe or knee, she would always hit the furniture and tell it not to hurt me.  I can remember several of my soccer games that she came to growing up.  And the time my parents went to Hawaii for my dad's work...Nagy watched us all week.  If I didn't mention it yet, Nagy's from Hungary.  The stories that she has are amazing. BUT she's famous for her kiffles.  My mom and dad left for a little trip to Hawaii when I was in probably 3rd grade and Nagy came up to stay with us and taught my sister and I how to make kiffles.  I'm pretty sure the end result was the three of us covered in flour, but I'm sure there were also some amazing kiffles at the end of it.  Nagy is such a laid back and down to earth person.  It makes me sad that I only get to see her a few times a year.  Buy Nagy, if you ever happen to read this, just know that there's a picture of you and B-Man hanging on my desk wall at work.  We can't wait to see you again, and once we're in our house, I know E and I both hope that you'll be able to take a trip up here to visit us.  

One of my all-time favorite pictures





We love you, happy 79th birthday...and many, many more to come. 

No comments: