30 September 2013

First Chicago....

So last year, Eric and I took a trip to Chicago with with my friend Tory and we had a blast.  Granted, I was 4 months preggo, just getting over morning sickness, and we went during the Taste of Chicago...a food festival. Even though I can recognize my bias (*ahem*) it was still a great time! Before I go on...







Oh! Did I ever mention I'm a model? Because I am.


Or that I passed on a career as a professional dancer am a crazy dancer/exerciser with seniors in Chicago that I've never met?

 

I'm sure that was the best 32 seconds of your life. :) Anyways....a few more scenery photos before I continue...




We also went to the Aquarium, which I have tons of pictures of that I'm not going to post AND we got a free manicure in the park.  It was a pretty great extended weekend.  Either way, I know Eric and I came away from that trip saying that we want to explore more of the US.  I'd say we've travelled a fair amount, but it seems a lot of our travel (when it's outside of driving across the country...more on that some other time...) has been outside of the US.  But I know we both want to travel some more in the US.  So I decided to make a list of the top five places on my list!

5. Attitash, NH - E and his family went here a few times when he was younger and the pictures are gorgeous.  I definitely want to go in the fall first though.

 4. Washington D.C. - I never got to go on the classic 8th grade trip to D.C. but still really want to go to our nation's capital at some point (hopefully in the not-so-distant future!)

3. Austin, TX - I don't even know that much about Austin, but Jenni was one of the first blogs I ever read.  I'm not even sure how I found her blog originally. But she's definitely one of my weekly reads.  Maybe it's her pictures and the unique little places that she always seeks out really neat restaurants and cafes, even her pictures of the farmers market make me want to spend a weekend in Austin. 

2. New Orleans, LA - I mean, does this really need an explanation? 
1. Sedona/The Grand Canyon, AZ - Even though we've lived in AZ twice now, we haven't been able to make it up to Sedona or The Grand Canyon.  And the pictures are just breathtaking. 

Just looking at these pictures is giving me the travel bug!  Good thing we've got Vegas coming up in just a few short months!  What are your favorite places to visit?  What's at the top of your travel bucket list?

No comments: