22 December 2013

Discovering the ornaments

It's been fascinating watching B this time of year. Lights and fans have always been his favorite. But this time of year has just been so funny.  B didn't really seem to think too much of our tree until we put lights up. Then he liked pointing to them. And soon after...he would screech at them. And then, my proudest mama moment yet [ahem] my one year old learned how to plug the lights in. Yep, one morning while I was making breakfast the lights on our tree turned on. Mhmmm....that's my boy!  And now, it's all he wants to do. Melt down city when you remove B from behind the tree and don't let him touch the lights. It's been fun! Finding this hard to believe? I caught the little devil in action for you... 

And then there were the ornaments. You may remember that we didn't decorate our tree until 5 days before Christmas...that meant that Saturday morning was the first morning that B had ever seen our tree decorated had access to ornaments. He ignores them at daycare (too many other kids and toys to play with I guess). I could pretty much repeat what I wrote before. The pointing, the screeching, the touching...and then came the grabbing....






I guess it's not actually a bad thing that our tree won't be decorated for that long. Hopefully it's less of an opportunity for broken ornaments!

No comments: