15 October 2013

The plunge

This post is probably not what you think it's about.  Want to take a guess?  No?  Ok...a camera!  Eric and I have been talking about getting a nicer camera for a little while now we finally did it.  Last weekend we invested in a Nikon D7100.  I'm not going to write a review right now, mainly because I know how to use the automatic settings but focus on certain things...and much beyond that, I know nothing.  Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll learn some more.  You may have noticed in my last post that pictures looked much crisper and a little fancier.  I'm happy to say that these are all UNTOUCHED.  No editing, they are exactly as I took them.  Dear Nikon, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!  More to come on my progress of learning about the camera and how to use it (the user manual and I are going to be spending some quality time together in the near future, I imagine).


And why would we invest in a fancy camera, you ask?  Well for a few reasons.  As much as this blog is just a little random space to get my thoughts and opinions out, it's also like a diary of Brady's life.  How cool would it be now to look back 10, 20 years and see what your parents were saying about you.  I know growing up my parents have a whole bunch of photos, but before things were digital, I feel like people took fewer pictures...more pictures came out blank and just had to be tossed.  Taking and printing pictures meant that you had to buy a photo album...and there's only so much space.  But these days?  I save all of my pictures online, and then take my favorites and put them here on this old little blog.  Along with commentary on what we were thinking, how we were feeling...when I cry because B is so stinkin' cute, when I cry because I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do.  When Eric and I have fabulous weekends/days and when we don't.  If we're going to invest in anything I think it should be a camera that gives us fabulous photos of what we're experiencing.  Don't worry, I'll be sharing more pics later in the week!

No comments: